On a train again

 On a bridge over the sea

There was a dark blue ocean all around us as the gentle rocking of the tracks lulled us into silence. You sat in front of me, reading, while I watched the reflections of the waves in your big blue eyes, not knowing if the the blue was you or the water. It was a deep but light blue, the kind that you see in a cold cloudless winter morning. Like the time when we were in that snow field surrounded by nothing and warmed only by our words. 

I wanted to reach out, let you know how every second I spend with you remains endless like the waves below us. 

But I remained silent as the clouds and fog from the land reached our window. The tendrils of islets and keys and canals from the city started to engulf our view and I wanted to stay here with you. In our ocean. In my unspoken love. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

warm day

a need to sober up my mind

Spicy Swiss train