you never came

i saw you everywhere today.
your black hair reflecting the multitude of neon signs
and your lips pouting at every food stand.
i could see the small beads of sweat on your neck evaporate as the sun lowered
and that sweet evening breeze caressed the leaves of the park.

i fell in love with you like that first time when we ate those weird cranberry cookies.

your strangely perfectly round and nimble fingers held my own
and i felt the softness of your skin.
we walked in silence as we watched the throngs of people
everyone with things to do or see; we would sometimes smile in the general direction of the other
and it was all that was needed. the depth of your eyes seemed infinite when you squint like that.

i fell in love with you like that time when you jumped in my car and we drove all night going nowhere

so many sounds, so loud, i knew you wouldn't like it
so we went to see the piglets run around and fall and eat and play.
i saw myself in them fumbling around when you told me you liked me
and then i saw your belly shaking with laughter and the only sound was your voice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

warm day

a need to sober up my mind

Spicy Swiss train