chilling with coffee

 i have been lazy about reading. i have about 3-4 books waiting but i keep just going to youtube to pass the time. 

morning:

this morning i woke up rather well. i had energy. my fitbit said i slept about 7 hours. score in the high 70's. i thought about making myself a three egg omelette with ham and cheese but forced myself to earn it. 

 yoga: 

i did yoga again. today's video was mainly about stretching and then relaxing. it was nice. my lower back and hips felt very stretched out, however one side of my body felt it more painfully than the other. i hate the fact that this is me. this discrepancy is why i have had back aches. if i worked out regularly i believe i wouldn't be in this fragile position. here's to improving the strength of my body this year. at the end of the yoga practice i was utterly relaxed and i wished i could stayed sleeping in the floor. The eggs called out.

breakfast:

took the eggs out. then the bread. decided to make an egg sandwich the way mom used to make. basically a hardy omelette in between two slices of buttered bread. then i thought about toasting the bread. then i thought about making french toast, and i did. used two eggs, some milk, a little sugar, a little salt, some vietnamese cinnamon; breakfast was rich and flavorful. 

walk:

took myself on a walk. wanted to see how many steps to the river and back. about 8000. the cold air was a little overwhelming at first. for the first 10 minutes i kept thinking about walking back. my hands felt very cold, i didn't have gloves and the pockets in my jacket are in awkward places. after crossing the overpass however the wind died down and the walk became much more enjoyable.  i saw people ice skating in the local park. it felt very "suburby". it was cute. coming back from the river i was in good spirits and decided to walk a little extra to get some coffee. i bought a blend of natural ethiopian coffee and washed colombian. i am so looking forward to it. i'll have to wait until probably the end of the week because i still have some of the natural process single origin. i also bought a cortado to warm my walk back to my apartment. 

afternoon and dinner:

lounged around for the remainder of the day. i ordered mexican food. on the way back from picking it up some lady asked me about it in the elevator. met my first neighbor. megan. she seemed nice. had two bottles of white wine. while i ate my oversized dinner i watched "midnight diner" from netflix. it had been a while since i've watched a japanese production. the pacing is beautiful. the characters and their motivations are always so subtle and transparent. i love japanese style cinematography. it's a pity that so many of their good movies/shows are centered around sad themes. there's always loss, there's always the ever pounding hammer of real life squashing the dreams of youth. i love them but i can only take so much without getting sad myself. 

night:

hoping to sleep before midnight. no reason why. just bored. 

thoughts:

i was invited to visit some friends and catch up. i declined. initially i forced myself to say yes. but i'm not in the mood to be social. also, i do not have the energy to manage their puppy today. whenever i visit it's always a hassle to be constantly vigilant about their cute puppy. it is very cute and playful but it does not know when to stop playing. it has scratched me several times and i just didn't want to be on the defensive the whole time. i just wanted to have a relaxed evening. i also just don't feel ready to face people again. after spending so much time with just my family i am not looking forward to putting on a social mask and entertaining people. socializing takes energy out of me and i just don't have it yet. i'm sure once i start working and forced to interact with people it'll come back. anyway, i used the covid excuse to not see my friends until a little later. it does feel pretty good to have an excuse out of social situations guilt free.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

warm day

a need to sober up my mind

Spicy Swiss train