5 meetings and 3 large coffees in 3 days

 morning:

woke up with a goal already set in place. i had to finish work before a 10 am meeting. i rushed to make coffee (the colombian-ethiopian mixture). In order to procrastinate as much as possible i used my cloth filter which forced me to wash dishes from yesterday. then i wanted to use the large monitor i had brought from work. unfortunately i wanted to use it through the usb-c hub and my computer was not reading it correctly. instead of just plugging the hdmi to the computer, i struggled to fix the problem. 3o minutes later i got it working. i had a tight hour to finish my work, make it presentable, and send it out to the people who needed it before the meeting. classic myself squeezing the last of every second. 

morning meeting:

things went well. unfortunately i am still being pushed from above to do more writing and lit review which is going very slowly at the moment. 

midday:

another meeting. this time i had very minimal participation but the meeting itself was very long. once that was done it was a mad dash to get work ready for my next meeting. I had 1.5 hours to get a presentation ready to go. i was going to make lunch when i got the brilliant idea to get coffee from the local coffee shop. i say brilliant because i also bought a delicious ham and cheese croissant. The caffeine and food fueled me right up to work at full speed. i presented my stuff and things went well (or so i think, maybe it was the delirium from the coffeee).

 afternoon:

I had plenty of work to do. write a protocol, do research, write summaries, do data analysis. I thought about inviting e to work together. i sensed i was starting to lose focus on my work and if we worked together i knew i would feel forced to actually be a productive member of society. but at the end i decided not to invite her. i had texted earlier with her and she sounded a bit curt and so i didn't want to mess up her day or her plans. maybe i'll propose it for another time. 

evening: finished work around sundown. cooked a meal. it was too much but once it was cooked i just ate it all. watched tv. 


night: As i prepared to go to bed early the work group entered into the discussion of who's going to work at 1am to set things up. i volunteered. 


Thoughts: nothing much. song of the moment: this one by Darwin Deez

Comments

Otakitty said…
This is the first entry I picked to read from your recent postings. Holy fuck dude you work so much! I felt my life force sucked dry just from reading all this!

Popular posts from this blog

warm day

a need to sober up my mind

Spicy Swiss train