sourdough day

 morning:

woke up after the sun did. wonderful. got my ducks in order for my first meeting of the day. made a light breakfast of water and ham and cheese. i really missed not having some bread for a sandwich. Fortunately, the morning meeting was cancelled and suddenly i had time to start the dough preparations for a new batch of sourdough. with a coquettish eye i looked upon my starter and to my surprise it was in full bloom! 

i set out to make sourdough bread. It consists of an initial mix (a very messy affair, i tried to use utensils but ended having to use my hands for a proper mix), then 3 "folds" each two hours apart, and ending with a pre-shape and a final shape that also take two hours to do. Within each two hour wait i would work, albeit pretty slowly, or i would goof around checking emails and just recovering from tuesday's work.

afternoon:

as i was getting near the end of the folds e asked if i still needed that ride to the grocery store. i gladly took advantage of her car powers. it was also amazing for two reasons: 1. i got to see dv!! what a good time. he just cheers me up every time. i hope he actually recognizes me and likes me as a friend. he's too beautiful and cool.   2. i had used up all the flour in the dough, which left me with nothing to "dust" my work area. it would have been a disaster because the sourdough mix is very sticky and wet and the final shape would have been almost impossible for me at this stage. i'm not that skilled yet. so the grocery store ride was pretty cool. oh! a third reason! hanging out with e in the car gave me the push to ask her to workout. i knew i wouldn't do it if i was by myself, but if i had a buddy then i would be sort of forced. i kinda wished she'd say no but she didn't.

evening:

finished the sourdough preparation and left it to proof overnight.

exercise time. i really didn't want to. i could have put a funny show on the tv and call it a night. but e texted and i couldn't flake out of my own invitation! amazingly the gym was empty and we could do a nice series of weighted movements. they started pretty easily but by the end i was starting to sweat and my muscles were all engaged. it was pretty cool. i felt accomplished, energized, and a little happy if i'm honest. endorphins are great. then on the way out e mentioned that she was thinking of hitting the cardio machines in the other gym. i think the routine we did also left her feeling good and energized. she sort of mentioned that i could go as well and i hesitated for a second (i didn't want to be totally destroyed by the end of the day) but i also couldn't let her win, aka, do more exercise than i. i'm a silly person; i am very competitive, even when other people don't even notice or care. 

so there we were. in the elliptical machines. at first the movement was awkward as heck. i think it's been 5 years since i've been on an elliptical machine. after 5 minute i started to get the hang of it my only goal, to not get tired before she did. at 10 minutes in i was getting winded. i felt tired, my quads were almost on fire and my heart rate must have been around 1000. but suddenly it got easy. i was trying to match her rate so i wouldn't fall behind and i realized that exercising with someone so freakishly good looking is just motivating. you find yourself wishing to be as good looking or even half as good looking so then all the pain and fatigue get replaced by a desire to be better. to be like her, that beautiful gazelle that doesn't get tired in the machine. i also found myself focusing on my breathing so it would keep me going but also so it wouldn't give me away as a person who is tired. thankfully she completed her circuit and finally stopped. i felt elated. i had done all that was needed and i still could have gone a little more. e is almost my perfect gym buddy. we have similar endurance and some good short conversations in between things, and she's a good motivator. we talked about trying to continue working out. i hope we do. on a vain note i want to look better for dating app pictures hahaha.

night:

what a sweet shower. working out is also great for the delicious showers that come after. leaving the shower i felt refreshed and tired in a good way. my mind was calm and if i have things to do, they'll have to wait until tomorrow. 

thoughts:

i've been meaning on picking up the guitar again. it's been a while. i want to learn a new song but i don't know what. not even what genre or "feel". i just want to have that feeling when you closely hug that guitar and you feel the warmth and the vibrations of its music. i want to play for someone too. or maybe sing together! last time i did that with c and boy was it soul fulfilling. we sang songs, badly, for about an hour. it was cool. i wonder if she would be up to do that again. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

warm day

a need to sober up my mind

Spicy Swiss train