sunshine in my pocket

today was such a good day it's hard to use this as the emotional baggage handler that it is. i want to keep these emotions for the rest of week if possible! i hope that by writing them they don't just fall into the page. 

maybe i'll keep it brief, just in case:

morning:

woke up at a reasonable time. made coffee. it was a great start for the day because it was a brand new untested coffee and it turned out to be delicious. earthy, sweet, smooth, a great thing to have for breakfast. i had planned to go biking today since it was going to be warm but i had to stop by lab first to finish the work i did yesterday. so i made some arepas (three littles ones) and once again, they were on point with the taste. either i'm getting better or being able to sleep really improves my life. also, making the arepas allowed me to dilly dally because i was secretly (secretly from myself) half hoping e would text inviting me to a bike ride. she's mentioned biking at least once everyday i saw her last week. i was kinda hoping for her invite because it is nicer to bike with a friend than alone, and it would definitely force me to do a long ride. i was also afraid i would chicken out after work and just come back home to be lazy.

but she didn't text. but i still went on a long bike ride. 

it's so nice to bike around town. the wind on my face was exhilarating. i had a smile the whole time through.

afternoon:

i went to the lake that i went on my first long bike ride 2 years ago. there's a bench there that overlooks the lake that i think it's become my favorite bench in the city. i think i could sit there for a whole day and enjoy every minute of it. the people watching alone makes it a prime spot.

the bike ride took me a lot longer than i thought. i am definitely not in the same shape as last year. towards the end i had to rush a bit because people were coming over and i wanted to start setting up. 

got home, showered, and went to the grocery store to get salt. i also got a rack of ribs. if the people want bbq, then bbq they are going to get.

evening:

BBQ time! friends, bbq, mimosas...what else do you want in life? maybe a little less wind to not feel so chilly at times. But it was wonderful. i hadn't felt this relaxed and without worry in a long time. it was sorely needed for sure. we talked about lots of stuff. of course we talked about lab a lot. venting is necessary, but it was more like socially talking about something and not just complaining and whining. 

then the food was ready and blam! holy smokes was everything good. the ribs were good, the burgers were good, even the weird tortilla made of eggs was good! i think this is the high that drug users chase. my heart was happy and my belly full. 

night:

it was time to go and i accompanied r to her car and who do we run into? e and most importantly dv!! the day couldn't have been better. i got to play with ALL my friends. also, that dog is mega cute. came home, ate another piece of the choc pie r made and now i'm trying to think of my agenda for tomorrow. for the life of me, i can't remember what i need to do. i guess only sleep.

i wondered if i could have jumped in the lake

thoughts:

a shadow in the distance paints your silhouette in my mind. and even though it was just a mirage, my heart raced to find yours, my eyes longed to find your gaze. 

how exquisite your lips in the sun. they blind me to everything else. i am jealous of those frantic photons that can kiss you over and over. i daydream of softly running my lips through your neck, teasing both of us of a kiss. 

but there you are. beautiful like a cosmic queen. with your hair the stars that light up the night, and your voice the wind that lulls me to happy sleep. the universe perhaps was not big enough to hold our love, and here we wait, separately, for the expansion to reach us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

warm day

a need to sober up my mind

Spicy Swiss train